Monday, December 2, 2013

Triple Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies with Fresh Cranberries

Tis the season to start thinking about Christmas Cookies...or, if you don't celebrate Christmas, to think about some seriously good cookies, that you really, really, really need to make.  These cookies are one of my favorites, probably the #1 spot, actually.  I got the recipe originally from my Mom and I've made a few changes, like increasing the amount of cranberries from the original, because I really love the zippy burst they provide.

They're just the right amount of rich and sweet and tangy and crisp.  And the red from the cranberry makes them so pretty.  Pretty enough to give as a gift.


Triple Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies with Fresh Cranberries
1 C. Flour
1/2 tsp. Kosher Salt
1/2 tsp. Baking Soda
Large dash Cinnamon
10 Tbl. Butter, room temperature
1/2 C. Granulated Sugar
1/2 C. Dark Brown Sugar
1 Egg
1 tsp. Vanilla Use homemade if ya got it!!
1 C. Old Fashioned Oats (don't use quick cook....or steel cut, for that matter)
1/2 C. Milk Chocolate Chips
1/2 C. White Chocolate Chips
1/2 C. Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
3/4 C. Fresh Cranberries, chopped in large pieces (cutting each cranberry about in half as you want nice big pieces of cranberry)

Preheat oven to 350 F.

In medium bowl, combine flour, salt, baking soda and cinnamon, set aside.

In stand mixer, cream butter and both sugars until lighter in color and fluffy-ish.

Add egg and vanilla, mix until incorporated.

With mixer on low, add flour mixture and mix until just combined.

Add oats and all the chocolate chips.  Mix.

Add the cranberries, and, last time...Mix.

On parchment lined cookie sheet, spoon dough out in teaspoon-sized dollops.  You're using butter here, so the cookies spread a bit and are a touch crisp and a bit chewy.  They're heavenly.  So you want to use a tinier amount of batter than you would normally use per cookie.

Bake about 14 minutes, until golden brown. 

Eat as soon as they are cool enough to hold.  Don't wait a minute more.  Dunk in milk.  Definitely make these for your friends and family, they will thank you...and beg for the recipe, just like I did.
 

Thanks for reading!



Heather


10 comments:

  1. Mmmmm I bet that homemade vanilla made a difference!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, girl! Got to make immediately! Love the fresh cranberries...I have a cranberry oatmeal cookie recipe but it calls for dried cranberries, I cannot wait to try this, Heather, thank you, thank you, thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love cranberries and chocolate together! Pinned this and hope to do some Christmas baking..we'll see! But these will be yummy anytime! Yay for Christmas cookies and your series!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMGOODNESS sister.. I am going to have to use this idea. I love the sound and just thinking of the smell of those cookies. I got hungry just looking at them. Thanks for sharing such delicious(NESS) .. xoxoxo HUGS my beautiful friend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had to pin this one. It sounds so good with the tart cranberries in a sweet cookie!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ok, you've convinced me. I'll be making Christmas cookies this year. It will be a first for me, shameful, right? These look delicious...delicious enough to share. I can't wait to give them a try.

    ReplyDelete
  7. If it's got cranberries, count me in every time. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Why don't I have any of these in my belly yet?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Using fresh cranberries, now that sounds unique! Honestly, I thought they had to be dried, jellied or some such before anyone could eat them :P Looking at the variety of chips, not to mention the butter mixed with the fresh cranberries... it does sound heavenly!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Heather,
    Made these yummy cookies today. I've got to say, these are truly delicious. Wow! What a unique take on a chocolate oatmeal cookie...the fresh cranberries are just so darn good. It's like you could a little yummy fresh burst in every bite. I think they taste best super hot, straight out of the oven. That way the cranberry flavor bursts and then you get hot, melty chocolate on top of that. My gosh!!! I will have to heat the cooled off ones in the mike for a few seconds to get that taste again tomorrow. Okay, okay, probably later tonight!!! Great recipe, thanks so much for sharing...can't wait for more Christmas cookies:)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. Love ya! XOXOXO

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...