Thursday, August 29, 2013

Two For One Dinners...Ground Beef Enchiladas

It's the middle of the week, you've just walked in from whatever errand you've been running around doing, and you have no idea what's for dinner.  You're on your last nerve and the very thought of having to get something out of the freezer and attempt to thaw it in the last spare moments of daylight in order to nourish your family is not going to happen.  Grab a pizza?  Take the kids for burgers? What to do, what to do?  Oh wait!  You have a solution!  You read This post about making enough meat for two meals! Hurray!!

Enchilada Night!!!

The great thing about this meal, is the protein is already cooked, and everything else is stored in your pantry.  Let's hear it for pantry meals, they don't get enough love in my opinion.

Ground Beef Enchiladas
Leftover taco meat
1 can enchilada sauce.  You can use red or green, I find that red is a bit milder, so my kids eat it better but sometimes I do a combo of red and green.
Flour or corn tortillas (my family likes flour better, but corn is healthier, and I find the corn tortillas fall apart easily)
Shredded Cheese.  Whatever you have on hand.  I used a combo of Cheddar and Pepper Jack...and a good sized pile of it.  2+ cups

Preheat oven to 350 F.

This is one of those intuitive recipes.  I'm not going to give exact proportions, just go with what feels right and it'll taste amazing, I promise.  Spray a 13 x 9 casserole dish with cooking spray.  Pour a tiny amount of the enchilada sauce in the bottom of your dish, just enough to coat the bottom.

Add a heaping handful of cheese to your taco meat and a splash of the enchilada sauce to make everything nice and moist.  p.s.  I really like that people get freaked out by the word moist.  Makes me like it even more.  Stir everything until nicely combined.

Take a tortilla and add a nice sized scoop of your meat mixture (you'll get a feel for how much is the right amount).  Roll it up and place it in your dish, seam side down.  Continue until you have used all your filling.   I have my row of enchiladas, but then I had a smidge of filling left, so I stuffed two more in horizontally, along the bottom of the dish.  If you ask The Mister, the more enchiladas, the better.

Using the rest of the enchilada sauce (you should have approximately half a can left), pour it over the enchiladas.  Then, cover everything with a nice layer of cheese.

Bake for about 30 minutes until everything is warm and meltsy.

Serve with a diced avocado, some tomatoes freshly picked from your garden, black olives, salsa or sour cream would be great here too.

These enchiladas will taste so much better knowing they were mostly done before you even got started.  Love you Two for One Dinners.

Enjoy!

Thanks for reading!

Shared here:
Mellywood's Mansion
Anything Blue Friday



Heather

4 comments:

  1. Oh yeah! We love enchiladas and we love Hatch sauce too! Yours look delish and I'm envious of your little yellow tomatoes...yummmm!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks so delicious ! Pinned to try soon :-) {found your link at Mellywood's party}

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks so good. The more leftovers you have from taco night the easier this would be too. Thanks Heather!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love enchilada, mmm I might never have left overs but I'd make this!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. Love ya! XOXOXO

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...