Thursday, June 13, 2013

Homemade Tarter Sauce...it's easier than you think!

Well, it's that time of year.  Fishing season.  The sleepy weekend mornings when The Mister takes the girls off somewhere for a little Daddy Daughter fishing at about 5 in the morning.  Waking me up in the process to help get them ready and on their way.  It's all good, I enjoy a productive morning...even on Sundays.  But, here's the thing right, if they go fishing, there's an actual chance they might bring something home.  Something they want to eat.  Something I will be required to cook.   So far it's been a very slim chance, but my family has high hopes of surprising me with a bounty of fish someday.

So, what's a wife and mother to do if this actually happens and she is not prepared because as of yet there has been practically zero fish brought in?

Make homemade tarter sauce.

 It's easy.  A cup of mayo, a dash of malt vinegar and a small squirt of yellow mustard.

Finely chop a few dill pickles and a spoonful of capers.  Add some salt and pepper to taste.  Mix well.

Serve with fish.  The Mister was in the throes of happiness with this tarter sauce.  He declared it to be the best he's ever eaten...ever!  I guess I am never allowed to bring home store-bought tarter sauce again.  Luckily it's so simple and quick that I won't mind throwing some together whenever we have fish...I'm not sure when that will be considering the current track record, but maybe someday.

Thanks for reading!



Heather

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for posting this .>SOMEONE at work was just asking me if I had a good recipe for this. WILL print it and take it to them tomorrow... I will say of course they need to follow your amazing blog .. HUGS and hope that you have a blessed weekend

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks good Heather! I have never made my own tarter sauce, but I will now! Hope you get your fish wish!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. Love ya! XOXOXO

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...