Monday, April 4, 2011

Well enough

Take 3.

I can't leave well enough alone...until now. I have made 3 pincuchions now for my swap partner.  I pretty much have a week to get my pincushion mailed, but of course I've yet to be satisfied with what I've made.  I'm giving it to somebody other than myself and so I have to fret and ponder and think about it...to death. 

So I'm done!  My exchange partner is just getting into quilting and I will say I have a pretty good knowledge of quilting and so I wanted to give him something that celebrates the diversity and beauty of one of my favorite arts.

The top is Grandmother's garden (a personal favorite) and fun and quick to make. The best part of this little pincushion is that I used my scraps.  I found all the cute fabrics that I've used recently and combined them into a pleasing little arrangement of adorability.  I also patterned this after the traditional tomato pincushions and crocheted and attached a little strawberry!  Personally I think it's a hit...so much so that I made one for my mother-in-law and sister-in-law for their birthdays...and my sister-in-law doesn't even sew.  Who cares, everybody needs a cute pincushion even if they just sew buttons occasionally, right?

The bottom is a snazzy little log cabin, again using scraps.  My favorite of the bunch has to be the gooseberries, it's the tiny little strip on the far left.  I made my Grandma a quilt where the focus was gooseberries because I have many a childhood memory of picking gooseberries and taking off the stem and fluff ends.  So fun!  Quilting is just so personal and I love it.

There you go Thomas I am sending it!


2 comments:

  1. Hi Heather...

    The pincushion came in the mail yesterday and it is beautiful!!! Thank you so much!!! My wee daughter spent much of last night carrying it around calling it her "lovely donut."

    I posted about it on my site as well:

    http://www.thomasknauersews.com/fresh-bread-and-a-pincushion/

    Thanks again. Yay you!!!

    -Thomas

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you liked it! And thanks for mentioning it on your site. I had a lot of fun making it and your daughter sounds adorable! I'll make her a lovely donut any day.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. Love ya! XOXOXO

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...