Monday, March 7, 2011

Signs of Spring

Do you know what this means?

Spring! 
Leaps of joy!
Hallelujah winters frigid grip is losing it's hold!
The Crocuses are blooming!  I've already begun planning when I am going to plant my peas and what lovely veg I'm going to plant in my garden this year!


Here's the progress on my St Patty's Day Quilt...St. Patty's or St. Paddy's?  I've seen it both ways.


My assembly line ready to be assembled.  I find that when I'm first putting together a block, I don't pre-cut anything.  I just cut as I go, that way if I don't like something or if something isn't the wrong size, I haven't wasted a bunch of precious fabric.  But, once I get it figured out, then pre-cutting is the only way to go.  Of course remember...Cut once, measure twice.


I feel like such a rebel when I cut these fabric ears off.  Of course, I have made the mistake of sewing my pieces on the wrong, then cutting the ears off and then...well the fabric can't be used again.  So...again, watch carefully that you are sewing your pieces properly before you cut.


See, less bulk.  Makes everything much tidier.


Here's what I had, 3 blocks.  My original and then the two I made after.  I had run out of my main white and so started using the white with yellow dots, which I like quite a lot.  But I was stuck knowing what to do to complete it.


I love a checker board.  Plus I had this cute fabric that looks celtic to me and i figured it would work perfectly.  I didn't have much though...just enough for this...


And I think this is about what it's going to be.  I'll throw on a border somehow and then call it done!
A warning to all parents of toddlers.  My husband was running on the treadmill last night when my 2 year old was playing nearby, I don't know if she was trying to get on or what, but she ended up face down on the treadmill, trapped and unable to get up.  Luckily Ryan was quick, ripped out the safety stop  latch and pulled her off with only minimal damage.  I've read where kids have gotten 3rd degree burns off the moving track.

So my youngest is doing fine.

A burn on her wrist.


And on her chin, but you can't even seen the chin owie in this picture.  I think she's going to be fine.  This is just a lesson to mom and dad!  Be careful!


Banana?   Milk?   Yogurt?  Geez, you'd think I don't feed these kids!  She's holding an egg I crocheted.  I think Easter last year made a big impression on this little one.  She has loved eggs ever since!


One last glimpse of spring.  sigh

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. Love ya! XOXOXO

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...